Delicious Slow Cooked Lamb Roast
We love to eat a delicious roast & potato meal, and this, dear friends, is as good as it gets when it comes to a roast. We made ours in our beloved Dutch oven, and it turned out delicious.
3-lbs lamb shoulder roast
1 Tbls olive oil
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 large onion, diced
3 carrots, peeled and diced
3 parsnips, peeled and diced
5 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 Tbls rosemary, minced if fresh
3 cup broth
1 cup red wine, optional
1. Preheat oven at a low temperature of around 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a Dutch oven, slow cooker insert okay to use on stovetop, or large skillet, heat olive oil and brown the lamb on all sides, then set aside.
3. Deglaze your Dutch oven with a few inches of beef broth and/or red wine and scrape the browned bits of meat and seasoning off the bottom with a wooden spoon as the liquid simmers.
4. Add diced onion, carrots, parsnips, potatoes, and garlic.
5. Place the browned lamb shoulder roast into the bed of vegetables.
6. Pour the remaining broth and wine over the roast and vegetables and roast for 4 hours, or until meat reaches desired temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit, and easily falls apart.
7. Serve the roast with the vegetables on the side. Enjoy!
2/22/2021 12:14:27 am
gst number online registration at mygstzone.com Explore online GST Registration Process and fees at mygstzone Contact us.
Leave a Reply.
Learn more about Brooks Farm and the benefits of Grassfed Meats.